Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Yoga, Running, what else?






Sunday I did the Melbourne Music Marathon. It was pretty cool at the start, but it turned out to be a beautiful day when the sun came up. Just cool enough that it wasn't hot while we were running, but not too cold that you had to keep on a jacket, arm sleeves, gloves, etc. Leisha and I decided to try and do the relay which turned out to be a lot of fun. Just a nice 6.55 miles each, which I was able to do at a run the entire way. I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but I can't remember having ever run that far before. Usually, as you know, I do a run/walk, but I've set a goal of doing the Nike Women's Half Marathon in DC in April without walking - except through the water stops. I can't drink and run without spilling it all over me. Anyway, so I have a little time to train to get to that run and hopefully I'll be able to attain that goal!

I've also been sticking with the Bickram Yoga. As you recall, that's a 90 minute session in a room that's kept at 105 degrees. Surprisingly, I have not lost any weight yet adding this to my exercise routine, but I'm hopeful that if I keep with it, I will be able to take off that last 5-10 pounds and be in great shape by the end of April. If nothing else, I hope it will get my muscles toned and my balance will improve which in turn will help my running.

So, gotta get going. Yoga, then work, then gymnastics, then running, then bed!



No comments:

Post a Comment