Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pain in the Neck!!

I hate, hate, hate - oh an did I say - HATE - car shopping, especially when it's for my 21 year old son. He doesn't seem to get the concept that you "get what you get, and don't pitch a fit". Oh no, he wants a cool car - which finding what he wants for under $9,000 is - well - practically impossible. If it was for me, I'd be done already as I wouldn't be so picky. All I ask is that it run smooth, clean seats, a radio/cd player and of course good A/C. Not a lot to make me happy. But he wants a cool car, one he can be proud of. I told him he won't really be proud of the car until he has to sweat to pay for it.

Of course, I'm trying to be patient and understanding. Afterall, it wasn't his fault that some knucklehead rear ended him and totaled his perfectly cool, and very well maintained car (which by the way I had bought for him). I should have just gone out got one and been done with him, but he wanted to have a say in what we bought, so I'm trying to be open to his suggestions, but frankly he's pissing me off!

For example, we thought we had found a GTI that he was thrilled with. However, the mechanic said he wouldn't get it because it was overpriced and leaking transmission/gear fluid, which at 80,000 miles it shouldn't be an issue. He also pointed out other things that were flags to something being wrong. So we took it back to the place. So all the way to the dealer and all the way home my son doesn't say a word, sulking. I'm like - really? You want me to pay $11,000 for a car that's already leaking fluids, just because it's cool. Being a VW also has it's own set of problems. For instance, they're incredibly expensive to repair. So, you know what that means, it means I'd probably end up spending more like $20,000 on this car that's not worth 9,000. Sooooo frustrating.

Well, wish me patience because we're heading out again. Let me know what you think about this 2005 Mazda 6. Hopefully it'll turn out to be a good deal and I can say Wheww! we're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment