Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Ba-Bling!

Sarasota First Watch Half Marathon was a great event! The location was beautiful, especially running across the bridge and the weather was perfect. Not too hot and sunny, but not too cold. Wonderful to get away for the weekend, even if the traffic on the way back was a bit heavy. People are maniacs on the road!
Here's me and my running mates - Tiff and Erin. Special ladies for sure! We had a great time talking and laughing along the course. Although having not trained the way I should, I was aching by the finish line, but the "ba-bling" was well worth the pain!


Below is my Team In Training friends at the Corporate 5K run on Last Thursday. Lots of fun - maybe not the greatest course - but seeing my friends makes this an event I'll definitely want to repeat next year. Also, got a cool Tee-shirt for St. Patty's day.

Gotta get more serious about my running though. I'm still so flipping slow and DC is going to be much hillier than Sarasota and I had to slow down quite a bit by the end of that run. Anyway, this week I'm taking a new attitude and I'm really going to buckle down. Let's see if I can beat 2:40 in Washington, which would be a new PR for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment