Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Another beautiful day in paradise!

What a wonderful day for a morning run! The air is cool and crisp and the sun is bright and the sky is clear blue. Running along the river is so beautiful and relaxing. The only wish I could afford one of the homes along the river. What a great way that would be to greet the morning - sitting on your front porch swing, sipping a cup of coffee after a relaxing - or hard - run along the river front. That is my kind of paradise.

If anyone is ever looking for a run to do in Florida, the Space Coast Marathon and Half Marathon are the way to go. The runs are along the river front and you have a gorgeous view the entire way! The event is always Thanksgiving weekend, so be sure to check it out. It's one of the most affordable marathons you'll ever enjoy too!

So, today was a 5 miler. I went alone, and of course, I forgot my running watch, my phone died so my Nike+ wasn't working right, but I know the road so well, it didn't really matter since I know where my turn around points needed to be. Felt good. I have the Sarasota half next weekend. I don't know if I'll be able to run the whole thing. Today's 5 was kind of tough, but good. I did run except for a couple of water breaks, but doing another 8, hmmm, well that's another thing. I'm going to try and do a ten miler this weekend and we'll just have to play with our speed to figure out what will work. Either that or plan on taking a walk break at every 2 miles or maybe every 1 mile point. We'll figure it out - looking forward to collecting that medal!! It's a beauty!

Have a great day. I'm off to the book fair at school - taking lunch to the workers today.

More soon . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment