Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

10 miles for Cure today!

Did my 10 miles today in my race to find a cure! What did you do today to help find a cure to cancer? Well, I know one thing you could do. You can visit my Team In Training website at:


Make a donation and/or just find out more about joining Team In Training! It is an incredible organization, doing amazing, life changing things to make this world a better place.

So, back to my run. Beautiful day. It was a hard one though. I haven't run 10 miles in a while. I went ahead and did it at a run/walk pace. The weather was decent. I thought I might get some rain, but never did, so the cloud cover helped keep the run cooler. Since I started out later than I normally do, I was thankful the sun wasn't shining down hard even though it made it's appearance near the end of the course. I am very sore, but I'm getting ready to take some Advil and hopefully it won't last long. Doing another 3 miles would have been tough, but I know I could have done it. Next weekend is the Sarasota half. The only thing I'm really looking forward to on that run is the finish line where I get my very cool "bling"! I've never run there before, so that will be nice too since it will be something new to experience.

Now, I'm off for a chore I hate - grocery shopping. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. If you haven't figured it out yet, daylight savings time has taken effect, so be sure to set your clocks forward an hour. I don't like giving up that hour of sleep, but the kids love having it get dark later.

No comments:

Post a Comment