Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Seagull Century Ride - Here I Come!

So a new chapter begins. I needed a new challenge and so I've set my sights on earning the Triple Crown with Team In Training. Since I need to complete 3 types of events, and I have already done the marathon and half marathons, I have decided to try the Seagull Century Ride. That's right - 100 miles around Salisbury, Maryland. I've started training and hopefully it won't kill me. 

Everyone has told me that the course is "flat as a pancake", but I have learned that people's perception of what constitutes flat or a hill are relative to where they train. So, I'm hoping that the elevation and hills won't be an issue. Most of the roads here in Florida are truly "flat as a pancake". Not sure how this Assateague course will measure up.

If you have insights for me, let me know. Speed bumps to some are hills to me - LOL.

Anyway, I will keep you posted. Since I am doing this as part of Team In Training, any donations to my campaign would be greatly appreciated. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is doing amazing things these days. One of my heroes is Sara. She is 4 years old and just finished her last chemo treatment last week. I can't express the joy, happiness and hope I am filled with when I see her smiling face. Her mom is one of my teammates for the Space Coast Half Marathon and one of the loveliest people I have ever met. In fact she's the one on the far right of the Team In Training Ad for Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend.

Oh that's right - I didn't mention that yet, but I'm doing a double header this season. Seagull in October and Space Coast in November.  Anyway, if you'd like to make a contribution to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, please visit my website at:



Fingers crossed - I don't have flat tires, wrecks or any other catastrophes on the road. I'll let you know how things are going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment