Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Up and Over!

5:00 am is awfully early, but that's what time I get up, at the latest, when we're meeting at Front Street. Gotta leave the house by 5:30 to be on time for training. Anyway, I'm glad I put in that extra effort to make it. The weather was perfect. Almost a hint of Fall I'd say in the air. It wasn't blistering hot and it wasn't blinding sunshine. It was a perfect mixture of cool breezes and partly cloudy skies.

However, when I say cool "breeze", I should say cool gusty winds. Going up and over that causeway bridge was tough! But, I did it, twice! Yep that's right - twice. We needed to get in 8 miles, so we started at one park and went up and over the bridge to the park on the other side and then repeated. My hams are aching a little, but it was a really nice day. We don't get too many days in Florida that you aren't getting beat up by humidity and heat. So, I say "bring it on". St. Pete is a month away and then it's Disney, and then Washington D.C.

Doing it because it's fun, but more importantly, I'm running with purpose, walking with passion and racing for a cure. Support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society by visiting my website and making a donation. The LLS thanks you, TNT thanks you, my team thanks you, and most of all I thank you.

http://pages.teamintraining.org/vtnt/nikewhlf13/SavingLives


No comments:

Post a Comment