Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

I thought it was Fall?!

Well, here in sunny Florida, if you didn't know it was October, you'd never guess it is Fall. Today's high is going to be 91 and the comfort level, if you can imagine, is at it's lowest. I went out for a short 3 miler today and when I finished by 9 am it was already over 80 and the humidity was horrid. It's times like these that I envy the people up north that get to experience a real Fall. Changing leaves, crisp mornings, ahhh - that would be heaven. Then again, come December when they have frost, snow and sleet to deal with, Florida won't seem so bad.

So, I am officially signed up for the Nike Women's Half Marathon in Washington, D.C. I will be mentoring to our Flex TNT members. What's Flex TNT you ask? It's a virtual team for Team In Training. You receive online coaching, mentors to assist with fundraising questions and ideas and it's a great way to participate in nationwide and international events as part of a team. Team In Training raised monies for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to help fund research to find a cure for blood cancers. In addition, the LLS provides valuable support to patients and their families.

For more information Team In Training, visit my website at: 

No comments:

Post a Comment