Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Go Endeavor!

Out getting my short run in today and as I looked up, I witnessed the Shuttle flying overhead, catching it's piggy-back ride to its new home. It's an amazing sight for anyone who has never seen the shuttle up-close. Hope a lot of other people stopped and took a minute to be still. I hoped they also thought about where Endeavor has been and will go no more. Sure praying that we will continue a space program and explore "where no man has gone before". Corny I know, but so true.

Back to my current mission. Training for my race for a cure! That's right, remember, all of my training is for a purpose. Sure, I get the benefit of being healthy, but I want to help others enjoy better lives because of what I'm doing with Team In Training. Raising money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Their mission is simple: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS is the world's largest voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer. LLS funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world and provides free information and support services. The key priorities are to help blood cancer patients live better and longer lived.

The LLS is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization as defined by the IRS and therefore your donation would be 100% tax deductible. Won't you please help by making a donation today? Visit my website at: http://pages.teamintraining.org/ncfl/wdw13/RunDisney

No comments:

Post a Comment