Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

4 miles down - how many to go?

4 miles down and how many to go until marathon day? Well, according to my training schedule 659. Hmmm, I wondered if I had added that up right, so double checked my figures - yep, I was right. WOW! I'm impressed - are you? Considering that when I joined Team in Training for my first half marathon 6 years ago, and thought I was going to die after a mile, that's kind of cool! Hard to believe. That's why you don't just look at the total mileage you'll have to do to prepare for an event. You take it one day at a time, or one week at a time, building your mileage slowly.

So, why am I doing this? Because I'm raising money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society so they can fund research to find a cure for blood cancers like Leukemia, Lymphoma and Hodgkin's disease. The monies raised also fund educational programs and patient and family services. You get the idea. This is important and life changing stuff.

Please support me in my Team In Training campaign to raise $1600 for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.  I'm almost there, $300 to go! To donate, visit my website at:



No comments:

Post a Comment