Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Not so much - - -

Okay, so at first, I was so excited about doing my running clinic. Now, not so much. First, it's twice a week and a 40 min drive each way - to and from. Second, once I get there, I'm on my own. For the cost, I thought I would be getting more one on one advice, critiques, etc. Nope - I mean I did ask him to give me tips on form, so he said run up to a mark then turn around and come back. All he told me was I'm a shuffler, meaning I don't kick my feet up, I keep them low to the ground. That's it? Nothing on how to change my habit - which I learned from doing the run/walk method.

I mean he does provide a schedule of what you're supposed to do each week, and he's good about answering my emails, but when I signed up I was under the impression the clinic was more for adults. Nope - wrong again. I mean there's a lot of adults, but they all run like 7 to 8 min miles, so definitely not the group for me. Then, there's like 10 kids and that's who the coach spends all his time with. He hasn't run with me at all during the training. Just says this is what we're doing tonight. Then everybody sets off and does their own thing. So, I've decided I might as well, just follow the schedule near home on my own and save the gas money. Pretty disappointing actually as I really wanted to improve my running times and find some new running partners.

Although I do think I've improved some, a little encouragement would be nice as it gets hard doing it all on my own. I'd gotten so used to having my best friend run with me and lately, she's been so busy with family and other stuff, she doesn't have time to go with me. So, I'm alone in this - which I should be used to by now. Story of my life. And, I do have to run the Nike on my own as she won't be there with me and I don't know anyone else that's running in it that's my speed.

Oh well, sorry to be a downer today. And, besides, I'm supposed to meet Leisha later for a run and then head out for some lunch.

Have a great day everyone!

Please - make a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and help me in my race to find a cure to blood cancers. Visit my Team in Training. I'm still about $700 shy of my goal!


No comments:

Post a Comment